Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Slacker

So... I decided that it has been way too long since I have written on my blog. It was so easy working at ROTC because I was on a computer 75% of the day and I could just write when I felt like it. The last five months I have been working maintenance and really don't feel like writing a blog when I get home or I am doing stuff until late and just don't get around to it. Well, here I am. Thought I would give everyone an update on how things are going and what's new with me.

First off, I only have two more days at work. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoyed the people I was around and I learned a lot but I can now say that I do not want to do maintenance as a career. I think I might go crazy. The physical work was rewarding but it just wasn't mentally challenging to me and I found myself engaging the residents in in depth conversations to get a mental workout. I do have to thank my supervisor for teaching me some many invaluable lessons about simple maintenance. I feel so much more educated and comfortable with being able to troubleshoot and fix problems. They may not have the prettiest outcomes but they work. I feel that when I own my own home I will be able to perform the simple tasks like electrical and plumbing. So, thank you Mission View and the wisdom you have bestowed on me.

Another new aspect of my life is that I have a girlfriend. WHAT!!!!! I know isn't that crazy to think. Nicole, (that's her name) is amazing. I love spending time with her and she has made my completely happy these last few months. We are both not stoked about the fact I am leaving but we are going to do everything we can to make it work. She truly is a blessing in my life and I don't know what I would do without her.

Finally, the news everyone knows. I am finally leaving for training. I report for BOLC II on April 5th. My dad and I are going to start our road trip out there on March 31st. We are going to hit Hico, TX and New Orleans, as well as a few other stops along the way. The trip won't be exactly the same as the one Ben and I did, but it will still be a blast. I will be at Ft. Benning, GA for seven weeks and then going to Ft. Rucker, AL for the duration of flight school. I am super excited and can't wait to start training. I am also a little nervous because it's been a while since I have been in the Army School mentality. So hopefully is comes back quickly. When I am out in Alabama my buddy Dustin and I are going to try and live together. He will have started flight training about a month ahead of me so we will be there together for awhile. Should be good times.

Well, i gotta run. I hope this catches some people up on my life and I hope to continue to update as my adventure begins.

Love you all

1 comment:

Lizard In The Woods said...

I will be in Texas from March 30th through April 16th, so if you're on I-10... party in Texas! Or lunch at a truck stop, either way :-)