Saturday, March 21, 2009

Clothes!!!!

Packing is one of my least favorite things to do. You start out trying to be organized and keep everything in the same themed box but by the end you are so frustrated and rushed that you are throwing things into random boxes just to get it packed away. I am doing my best right now to stay on the organized portion of packing but it just it's a lot of work.

I have separated my piles of stuff into four different groups. I have Georgia, Alabama, California (storage here at home a.k.a parents house), and Thrift Store. Going through all my clothes is a lot more difficult than I expected. Through my college years I have accumulated some many articles of clothing. The hardest part is the shirts from events or camps that I wore once and probably won't wear again but I don't want to throw away because of the sentimental value. Slowly but surely I am breaking down and really giving away the stuff I will just never wear again. My mom had a great idea of taking all the old shirts and making a quilt out of them to keep them around without having to wear them. Good Thinking Mama Bear!

Well I better get back to organizing. I just needed a little break from the large mental task.

Later

1 comment:

Lizard In The Woods said...

I feel your pain! it just feels wrong to throw away old camp shirts. I did make a quilt out of my old T's and a match pillow. It was actually fairly easy, just sewing a bunch of straight lines. (slightly time consuming). i highly recommend it!