Friday, August 29, 2008

Road Trip

So, as some of you know, Ben and I are taking a road trip across the country to Ft. Benning. Ben has to report there on the 7th of September. We are going to leave on the 3rd and stop at a few places along the way. Our major stops include Las Cruces, Austin, New Orleans (if it ain't underwater), and then Ft. Benning. I was trying to think of cool things to do in each state we travel through.

So, I am taking any ideas. Drinking is kind of out because of the whole driving thing. And no Mariana I will not sleep with Ben in each state. I am really excited about the trip and I will try to fill you in along the way if I get Internet. If not, I will post our experience when I get back.

And, if any of you have cool places that we should stop and see along the way, let us know too.

2 comments:

Lizard In The Woods said...

Nick is stationed in El Paso which is right next to Las Cruses and drove the first leg of your trip not too long ago!
He says if you are driving on Highway 10 through Arizona there is this side-show attraction called "the Thing" that costs a dollar and is kind of off the wall.
He also says there's speed traps in New Mexico but there really isn't much else there.
Also, if Ben has questions about Ft. Benning, I have not one but TWO boyfriends that have been stationed there if he has any questions.
Have fun on your trip!

the scrap said...

i still say my suggestion is the best you got going for you.